You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
An experienced software developer is required immediately to enable SNC-Lavalin Atkins successful Digital Services team to continue to expand and deliver our growing client and product activities within Rail, Transport and other industry sectors.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development and support of new and existing mobile and web applications
- Be an integral member of the Digital Services team working on a variety of existing and future client focused application development opportunities
- Work within a successful team to continuously improve and refine the skills and capabilities of the team
- Remain abreast of current software development tools and techniques
- Deliver agreed commitments to the stated quality, timescales and cost
- Support the Digital Services team and the rest of SNC-Lavalin to achieve its sales, productivity and profitability targets
- Support and contribute to bid production and estimating activities to secure new client opportunities
What you can bring:
- The successful candidate must have the following skills and capabilities:
- Experience in developing mobile and web apps
- Software development skills in the following technologies:
- Entity Framework
- At least two years commercial software development experience in a relevant role
- Interest and demonstrable evidence in UI/UX design and development
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with experience of interfacing with external and internal clients
- Ability to plan, estimate and deliver work within a typical project environment against specified time, cost and quality
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, balancing short-term priorities whilst delivering agreed longer-term commitments
- Able to work in a variety of development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall), with a comprehensive understanding of the whole software lifecycle
- Organised and conscientious, with an attention to detail
- Able to work consistently and to a high quality in accordance with defined Quality, Safety and Environmental processes
Desirable / Beneficial Skills
- Experience in developing apps in Android OR Native iOS / Objective C
- Experience developing in VB.Net
- Experience of developing applications for Azure
- Experience in developing databases in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of working in rail or transportation industry
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy ""Total Reward,"" a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs