Software Portfolio and Configuration Analyst
Software Portfolio and Configuration Analyst
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
The primary objective of the Software Portfolio and Configuration Analyst is to support the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager in managing the software portfolio, managing user acceptance testing of applications and maintaining and updating the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) whilst always ensuring the relevant processes are followed to guarantee the integrity of the data stored within it. This position will also be responsible for assisting with the coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on all applications in the Software Portfolio
The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within budget constraints. They will be able to priorities their workload effectively and work to a high standard.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Support the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager to rationalise the software portfolio.
- Support automated process improvement activities with internal Automation Technical Design Authority.
- Monitor trend reports to support business decisions.
- Collaborate with IT product owners to align activity to product and delivery roadmaps.
- Support the production of metrics to illustrate the business benefits/value of each application in the portfolio.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation related to the Configuration Management process and ensuring all policies, standards and processes are adopted.
- Responsible for maintaining the configuration structures for all the infrastructure’s CIs - including their ''owner'', their interrelationships and configuration documentation.
- Production and delivery of reports – status accounting, trend analysis, high value, reporting on high impact configuration items. ad hoc.
- Identify configuration discrepancies in all IT environments and ensure an accountable owner mitigates these.
- Managing engagement with stakeholders; linkages to other areas that may be dealing with CM related functions (Asset, License Management).
- Continuously evaluate existing processes and procedures to ensure that Configuration Management is being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Develop, review, and improve processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing extensively and communicate test results.
- Partner with the packaging team to work through issues and defects to resolution.
What will you contribute?
- Ability to understand and administer full process plans and complex data.
- Ability to learn quickly and support change on an organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation and reasoning skills.
- An appreciation and understanding of Configuration Management.
- Solid understanding of the lifecycle of assets.
- An understanding of the Customer’s business and how IT contributes to the delivery of a product or service.
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships.
- Process orientated with a methodical and planned approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, data management and reporting skills.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs