Software Portfolio and Configuration Analyst
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary objective of the Software Portfolio and Configuration Analyst is to facilitate the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager’s agenda to maximize the business value of Atkins’ software portfolio whilst managing the Configuration Management process in its entirety and ensure the relevant processes are followed to guarantee the integrity of the data stored within it.
This role combines the initiative to rationalise and manage the software portfolio whilst maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within budget constraints. They will be able to prioritise their workload effectively.
- Support the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager to rationalise Atkins’ entire software portfolio
- Provide application demand forecasting as directed by the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager
- Assist Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager to identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and services
- Collaborate with Procurement and Asset Management teams on contract negotiation, renewals, vendor management activities, inventory management, purchasing and delivery activities
- Support automated process improvement activities with internal Automation Technical Design Authority
- Monitor trend reports to support business decisions
- Collaborate with IT product owners to align activity to product and delivery roadmaps
- Support the production of metrics to illustrate the business benefits/value of each application in the portfolio
- Responsible for the support of Configuration Management principles, processes and procedures to industry ‘Best Practice’ standards (ITIL).
- Creation and maintenance of documentation related to the Configuration Management process and ensuring all policies, standards and processes are adopted.
- Day to day management of the Configuration Management Database, ensuring that data quality and accuracy is of the highest standard
- Responsible for maintaining the configuration structures for all the infrastructure’s CIs - including their ''owner'', their interrelationships and configuration documentation (includes allocating identifiers and version numbers for CIs, labelling each item, and entering it in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)).
- Production and delivery of reports – status accounting, trend analysis, high value, reporting on high impact configuration items. ad hoc.
- Identify configuration discrepancies in all IT environments and ensure an accountable owner mitigates these.
- Managing engagement with stakeholders; linkages to other areas that may be dealing with CM related functions (Asset, License Management).
- Continuously evaluate existing processes and procedures to ensure that Configuration Management is being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximize efficiencies
Essential Technical Requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect you have the following experience:
- Work with third party suppliers, helping to drive desired results
- Ability to understand and administer full process plans and complex data
- Ability to learn quickly and support change on an organization
- Excellent communication, presentation and reasoning skills
- An appreciation and understanding of Configuration Management
- Solid understanding of the lifecycle of assets
- An understanding of the Customer’s business and how IT contributes to the delivery of a product or service
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
- Process orientated with a methodical and planned approach
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical, data management and reporting skills
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Experience working within an ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- Knowledge of engineering and design software products
- Qualifications: ITLv3 Foundation
- Expert knowledge of ITIL Service Support
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams, 3rd parties and business stakeholders
- Confidence and professionalism
- Analytic skills and ability to synthesise large data sets
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles