Solid Waste Engineer
Solid Waste Engineer
Why join us?
This position can be based out of one of our several offices in BC, reporting to the Territory Manager for the BC Interior. You will join our growing group of professionals in providing innovative solutions to our clients, while overseeing complex environmental projects in the waste management sector.
The successful candidate will bring developed project management skills and be able to communicate effectively with our staff and clients, and provide appropriate technical direction on a project basis. Liaising with regulatory agencies, networking with professionals and developing business would be secondary duties in this role. Must have experience in the design and operation of landfills.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Management of projects of varying complexity involving solid waste management planning, design and operations plans for landfills, landfill gas assessment and modelling, composting and transfer stations facilities, cost estimating, tender preparation, permitting and annual regulatory reporting
- Senior review of designs and/or acting as engineering design lead
- Project management (tracking costs and managing budgets, hiring and directing subcontractors, etc)
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Evaluating and analyzing data using a variety of standardized and complex methods
- Executing technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness and adherence to prescribed data testing methods
- Preparing reports, proposals and other project documents of varying complexity
- Liaising with clients and contacts to secure additional business
- Supervising less experienced staff on a project basis and in some cases, providing technical direction and mentoring
- Promoting team effort and collaboration
What will you contribute?
- You will be licensed as a P.Eng. by Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC) or demonstrate the academic requirements and experience to attain it within 1 year.
- 5 years of practical solid waste management consulting experience including design and operation of landfills, relevant experience in various facets of the waste management sector
- Possess demonstrable knowledge and skills in relevant disciplines including landfill engineering design/construction management, environmental compliance and waste management planning and support
- Strong knowledge of environmental laws, regulations and guidelines as they apply to environmental projects in British Columbia (and other parts of Canada where applicable)
- Ability to identify and manage implementation of practical, cost-effective solutions to client problems and/or potential non-compliance situations
- Strong commitment to teamwork and multi-disciplinary communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage time and multiple projects accordingly
- Demonstrated expertise in contractor supervision, project management and contract administration
- Proven technical English writing skills
- Understanding and/or proficiency with sector related computer software and all Microsoft Office products
- Valid Class 5 BC drivers’ license
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs