Solution Architect - PMO Systems & Processes
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, Atkins (including Faithful+Gould and Acuity) is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of civil infrastructure and engineering and to become a digital leader in the engineering space.
About Technology Enabled Services
Technology Enabled Services (TES) is a new group within Atkins that supports the global Atkins businesses by developing and delivering technology to enhance services and value to our clients. Focusing initially on 5 client offerings (asset management, site inspection, data insights, brownfield digitization, and PMO), our role is to provide domain and technology experts, along with technology platforms (our own, and through partners) to support growth of the global Atkin’s business.
About this role
The PMO Solution Architect will be responsible for defining and developing a range of technology systems and tools to support various forms of PMO work that the Atkins business delivers directly or on behalf of clients. Working closely with the PMO Product Manager, this role will extract requirements and define a flexible solution architecture and product roadmap that will support a broad range of PMO needs -- from individual project offices smaller than £1M, to more complex portfolios of projects and programs that total well over £100M.
The role will help bridge business requirements to technology delivery by working with programme stakeholder to define requirements, review and assess existing internal capabilities, advise on third party products, and facilitate development of internal products where appropriate.
The role will support this business-led initiative and will work with a virtual team that includes business representatives, other TES staff, group IS, business change, and other stakeholders and participants.
Location: Flexible in UK or UAE
- Work with internal business representatives and the business change group to understand requirements, short term priorities, and the longer-term roadmap.
- Review and assess existing internal capabilities (across SNCL, Atkins and business unit levels), as well as available third-party products and determine the best approach to support user requirements.
- Understand the implications of technical decisions and trade-offs and be able to explain these to users and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development of internal technologies and/or the implementation and configuration of off-the-shelf products by working with multi-disciplinary delivery teams.
- Act as the technical authority for partners, product specialists and software development teams
- Ensure delivery meets business and technical specifications
- Facilitate the launch, adoption and in-life support of these tools and technologies.
- Provide strategic advice to PMO teams during bidding and delivery to ensure the right technology is deployed in the right way and at the right time.
- Facilitate non-technical business improvements and transformation, such as business process improvement, process standardization, and new business models.
- An expert in PMO systems and tools (e.g. integrated EPPM solutions such as the Oracle Primavera suite (P6/ Unifier/ Prime), Oracle Aconex, Hexagon PPM suite/ Ecosys, E-Builder, reporting tools such as PowerBI), CDE solutions such as Business Collaborator/ SharePoint/ ProjectWise) with high levels of market and product knowledge.
- A team player who can work with a broad range of stakeholders in a global organization.
- Demonstrated success in defining and delivering broad technical solutions covering all facets and PMO management components
- Experience with TOGAF principles
- Experience with COTS/third party evaluation methodologies
- Experience of configuring and implementing COTS/third party software.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Strong commercial and business acumen to advise on and manage third party licence agreements and other commercial arrangements.
- A range of experiences that demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced start-up type environment, as well as a large and highly matrixed global organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Considerable experience of managing and delivering technology in to project and programme environments.
The role expects a Global travel of 25%
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.