Solutions Architect - Data and Analytics
Part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project managemeant consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of civil infrastructure and engineering and to become a digital leader in the engineering space.
About Technology Enabled Services
Technology Enabled Services (TES) is a new group within Atkins that supports the global businesses to develop and deliver new services that are enabled by technology. Focusing initially on 5 client offerings (digital asset management, quality management, insight as a service, digital twin services, and project management office), our role is to drive the commercialisation of new tech enabled services by providing a shared service of technology experts and technology platform services to the global Atkin’s business.
Purpose of the Role:
The Analytics and AI Solutions Architect will join the Advanced analytics and AI team (AA&AI). The AA&AI group creates state of art machine learning models to help business deliver high value, smart and market differentiating solutions across our Engineering, Construction and Operations and Maintenance businesses. The focus of our team is to work on innovative algorithms and models that make intelligent and automated decisions in real time. We collaborate closely with key functions, including engineering, sales, commercial and technology teams, across all SNC-Lavalin and Atkins business sectors in seeking out and realizing high impact AI opportunities.
The Analytics and AI Solution Architect will be responsible for the delivery of world-class analytics, AI platform, solutions & visualisation capability to our Internal and external customers.
The Solutions Architect will work closely with Data Analytics and Digital leadership as well as Business leadership to create value proposition for analytics, roadmaps for projects and deliver extraordinary analytics Platform, products and tool.
- You will understand the customer landscape and identify common needs across the organisation.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders from across the Atkins and SNC Lavalin Group translating their needs into a robust and transparent platform roadmap.
- Research new technologies and drive innovation across the analytics Platform.
- Collect requirements from stakeholders across the organization, that include appropriate technical detail, and business goals and translate customer needs into solutions.
- Communicate very effectively with partners, vendors and technology teams to track and resolve issues, manage costs and improve levels of service.
- Ensure priorities of the engineering team(s) are understood and aligned to overall priorities.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers, Data scientists, Development Managers, Scrum Masters, Technical Product Managers to deliver analytics solutions and Platform services.
- Take a leading role in design discussions and challenge technology assumptions where required.
- Maintain Customer facing documentation.
- Support Project proposals and bids.
Essential Technical Requirements
- You will have excellent Data & Technical knowledge and be able to manage the balance between Platforms & Features
- Phenomenal organizational skills and a high level of oral/written communication skills
- You will be able to demonstrate world-class, cross-cultural partner management
- An eye for detail and quality
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Experience capturing business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications in an Agile development setting, including the definition of Minimum Viable Products
- You will be able to define prototypes and specify the scope of proofs of concept
- Ability to prioritise own workload across multiple projects at a time and be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Experience of cloud data/analytics-centric platforms.
- Ability to display data visually, creating powerful presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
- Experience with Public and/or Hybrid Cloud Computing
- Data Security, authentication, identity, privacy and compliance
- Strong background and experience with Data acquisition and processing concepts, architectures and tools:
- Data Acquisition / Data Ingestion / Data Movement / Data Assets Management
- Data Storage and Processing
- Real time analytical processing
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Cloud based analytics solution (AWS or Azure)
- Use of machine learning/Deep Learning for solving real life business problem.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Image processing and Spatial temporal data.
- Experience with Apache Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, CUDA, and/or DSSTNE.
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Hands on with Python / SQL.
- To have worked in Energy, Utilities & Construction/Engineering industry.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles