Spec Writer- Mechanical Engineer
- Provide design engineering staﬀ augmentation support to SRNS.
- Primary responsibilities include writing equipment speciﬁcations, mostly for mechanical and electrical equipment, based on technical requirements provided by design engineers and writing purchase requisitions.
- Will also serve as the point of contact with procurement and vendors for the review of vendor proposals, coordination of document reviews to provide comments back to vendors, resolution of the comments with vendors, and resolution of vendor issues during fabrication and shipping of the equipment.
- Secondary responsibilities for mechanical engineers include engineering analysis, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Process Flow; Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; System Descriptions; Mechanical Equipment Lists; Mechanical Equipment Sizing; Pipe and Valve Speciﬁcations; Failure Analysis; Accident Analysis; Finite Element Analysis; ASME Code Design and Evaluation; Pipe Stress Analysis; Material Handling Design; Fire Protection Design; HVAC Design; and Vendor Document Reviews.
- Working knowledge of ASME, AGS, and OSHA requirements, as well as proﬁciency using 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software (preferably MicroStation) is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to perform ﬁeld walkdowns to document as-installed conditions.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
- Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures are preferred.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years design experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working at one or more DOE facilities or in a nuclear industry/facility.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.