Specialist, Systems Requirements, Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Specialist, Systems Requirements, Rail
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field, and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to Manager, Systems Integration . It is responsible for managing Rail Systems requirements.
How will you contribute to the team?
• Development of Systems Project Management & Engineering processes and documentation
• Support of the Requirements Management Processes
• Support Interface Register creation and maintained through the project
• Support Systems Breakdown Structure creation and maintain through the project development
• Support of Systems Integration processes and documentation
• Support of Systems Engineering process and documentation
• Support of Systems Delivery processes and documentation
• Support of Systems Integration Plan and System Integration Test Procedures
• Support of the T&C and setting to work of mass transit. Urban trail and heavy freight and signaling and train control systems
• Support Key Systems Performance Indicators Tracking and maintaining
• Support Systems deliverable coordination process
• Interaction with Design Management and Technical Leads
• Interaction with Construction Management and Delivery Leads
• Interaction with O&M/M&R Management and Support Leads
• Support for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signaling and control systems.
• Support of RM team to capture, prioritize, trace and document project requirements
• Support analysis of technical requirements and specifications from Project Agreements
What will you contribute?
Essential Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of project management and engineering standards, practices and processes, and experience of putting them into action
• Very good communication skills
• Tracking Key Performance Indicators for Project(s)
• Coordinate Change Management across the systems disciplines
• Excellent MS Office skills especially with Word and Excel
• Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills
• Support tender activities for the System Interface Management team
• Support Systems Integration Test Plan and procedures creation
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Highly desirable – Knowledge of system engineering and integration practices, processes and principles, and experience of putting them into action.
• Excellent networking and client relationship management skills
• Manage weekly status of the Key project drivers and deliverable
• Manage Systems Breakdown structure of the systems
• Manage Project Systems Interface Register
• DOORS software experience desirable
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
• Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
• University degree in Engineering with 1-2 years of experience in a similar capacity or significant experience deemed equivalent
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com