Why join us?
Our expanding architectural team is looking for candidates that can lead projects in developing designs and project development as well as provide hands-on participation. Our Atkins project leaders engage in projects across our entire geography both across North America as well as internationally.
Atkins teams work collaboratively engaging staff from across our North American network of architects, engineers, and technical expert so candidates familiar with working with both local and remote teams will be ideal. Our multidisciplinary Atlanta staff of over 350 are conveniently located near Northside Drive at I-285.
Strong candidates for the position will have more than 12 years demonstrated experience in technically challenging project types. Some of the project types that the candidate may lead include Federal (such as DOD, National guard, etc.), State and Municipal, College and University, Aviation and Transit Stations
Under general direction, provides technical expertise to diverse architectural projects throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide. May function as lead architect or project manager.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Architecture Team in Atlanta, Alexandria or Tampa as a Sr Architect.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Ability to provide leadership with clients and effectively represent the firm
- Oversee project teams both locally and in other office locations
- Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating project assignments.
- Selects problems for investigation, developing novel approaches and solutions to architectural problems in consultation with the director of Architecture.
- Conducts quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, specifications and construction documents for accuracy and completeness, and performing on-site inspections of projects under construction to ensure aesthetic value and quality construction.
- Plans and organizes the work of junior architects and technicians.
- Plans and organizes the production staff required for the project.
- Participate in BIM production both hands-on and supervising the work of others
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture; Master's degree in Architecture or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Architects with ten years of experience since bachelor’s degree or nine years of experience with master’s degree.
- Typical incumbent has fifteen or more years' experience.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability desired
- Knowledge of BIM (Revit skilled) and personal computer proficiency
- May be eligible for project management training.
- Registration as a licensed architect is required.
- 12 years demonstrated experience in technically challenging project types.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs