Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Dallas or Austin, TX Architecture Group as a Sr Architect.
Under direction, provides the expertise of a seasoned architect, applying advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional problems. May function as an individual contributor or technical specialist. Able to work either independently or as part of a team that will frequently include remote team member participants
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practice
- Capable of independently leading a project from inception through closeout
- Capable of interpreting contracts and developing/performing the scope of work
- Plans, directs and supervises the architectural aspects of reports, designs or construction projects.
- Responsible for finished plans, specifications or approval of materials and construction.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and budgets.
- Coordinates work with other architects and professionals within and outside discipline and with support services staff.
- Participates in design-oriented quality control meetings.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Project documentation including BIM modeling.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture; graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Architects with seven years experience since Bachelor's degree or six years experience with Master's degree. Typical incumbent has ten or more years' experience
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- Leadership skills. May be eligible for project management training.
- Proficiency in REVIT CAD skills required.
- Specification writing skills a plus but not required.
- Registration as a licensed architect in the US is required.
- Experience preferred in some of the following project types: College and University buildings, K-12 projects, municipal projects, Aviation, governmental projects (including Federal) and Rail and Transit
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles