Sr Business Development Director
Sr Business Development Director
Sr. Business Development Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr. Business Development Director is an integral part of our Nuclear team who is responsible for capturing new business opportunities and managing business development. This position is based in our office in Aiken, SC.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and capturing new business opportunities and establishing relationships with potential customers and partners. Informs customers and partners of products and services that fit well with customer business needs. Provides ongoing support to high value customers. Participates in strategic development of overall group and participates in developing growth plans.
- Manages business development activities for Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 market segment (as assigned) and captures new business for management, engineering, and/or field projects, to ensure continued company financial health.
- Identifies new business opportunities through customer and industry contacts.
- Responsible for the growth strategy for assigned markets (i.e., in the US government such as DOE, DOD, NASA, USACE, etc.)
- Builds successful business relationships by delivering a value proposition that is attractive to both customers and prospective business partners.
- Develops, maintains and builds a strong professional network and customer relationships.
- Coordinates company resources in the pursuit and capture of new work.
- Develops capture plans for specific targets that address opportunities, preferred approaches, competitive analyses and business fundamentals.
- Identifies teaming partners, develops teaming agreements and obtains appropriate internal support and approvals.
- Negotiates teaming agreements, scopes of work, contract types and business models that are consistent with the company’s risk profile and that result in favorable financial outcomes.
- Gathers market and customer intelligence.
- Participates in strategic planning with leadership team.
- Manages proposal budgets for target segments and/or pursuits.
- Responsible for the content of proposals developed.
- Manages and supports proposal activities in winning new contracts for the company.
- Coordinates with division leaders within operations functions in developing proposals.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary approvals (i.e., Business Development and Operations personnel with the appropriate level of signature authority) on all proposals prior to their submittal.
- Handles proposal delivery to customers and interfaces with all customers on requests and issues.
- Understands, in broad terms, customer contracts and business planning activities. Engages corporate resources (e.g., Contracts, Legal and Procurement managers) to ensure contract terms and conditions are appropriately handled.
- Communicates and engages company technical experts and Operations personnel to develop solutions to customer challenges.
- Supervises Business Development support staff during pursuits and oversees their activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree required in business, engineering or a relevant scientific discipline
- Completion of project management courses require
- A minimum of 15 years of combined technical and business development/industry-related experience required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in business development
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience with industry projects and/or facility operations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with project management and an understanding of project management-based systems and proposal development is required
- Requires more industry and project management experience and handles more complex and higher revenue-generating accounts
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office products and project controls-specific software
- Proven ability as a business developer winning work
- Detailed understanding of contract development work with the ability to understand, analyze and apply complex scientific and engineering data
- Detailed knowledge of the Company experience and capabilities and detailed knowledge of customer site operations
- Proven ability to win and manage very large revenue-generating accounts
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs