Sr Civil/Structural Engr
Senior Engineer – Civil / Structural Engineering discipline with minimum 10 year’s experience in Power Plant and T&D sector
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
The Power Networks business is involved in conceptual and system studies, owner’s engineer and detail design of HV substations up to 400 kV, Power Plants and Overhead Lines. It also designs Power Networks for Oil/Gas installations, Industrial Cities, Multi Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
Senior Engineer – Civil / Structural Engineering discipline with minimum 10 year’s experience
- Technical expertise in Civil /Structural Engineering components of an Industrial Project.
- Sound understanding of technical principles underlying civil engineering, particularly civil engineering structures, foundations (including Pile Foundations) and equipment foundations (Static & Dynamic) related to Power Business – Including Generation and Power Networks
- Led a team of Junior Engineers and Designers
- Preparation of Tender documents and project specific specifications
- Experience in review of tender documents and producing recommendations
- Awareness of current international design codes and standards, especially BS, Euro codes, IBC, ACI, AISC & ASCE codes
- Experience in leading a design team for verification projects and detailed design projects for sub stations or power generation
- Experience of working with STAAD/ETABS/SAFE or any similar design package
- Experience of working with Revit and Robot Software preferred
- Experience in design of both RC and steel structures