Sr. Cost Estimator (Transportation)
Sr. Cost Estimator (Transportation)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Project Controls Group as a Senior Cost Estimator (Transportation).
Provide scheduling and estimating support on projects from the conceptual design stage through construction, to help meet contract schedules and budgets. Assist project managers in troubleshooting scheduling and budgeting problems prior to occurrence. Provide support to clients in the research, review and analysis of construction claims.
- Prepare preliminary and final construction cost estimates.
- Support Project Managers with costs estimates and analysis to manage the construction costs of multiple projects.
- Prepare a monthly variance report indicating all the estimates prepared and explanations of variances.
- Review plans to assure proper pay items are included and in accordance with specifications.
- Review construction schedule to align it with the cost estimate.
- Review contractor’s bids and prepare comparison analysis for presentation to Management.
- Attend and follow up in Project Management meetings.
- Ability to multi task and work in a dynamic environment with client service focus.
- Ability to develop cost estimates during planning and conceptual stages as well as final estimates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline with thirteen years relevant experience; twelve years experience required with Master's degree; or fifteen years experience in project control or cost analysis with an Associates Degree.
- Construction cost estimating experience with roadway, bridge and highway projects required.
- Familiarity with FDOT pay items and Long Range Estimating (LRE) is preferred.
- Experience in working in the engineering and consulting industry preferred.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Strong hands on estimating skills for Transportation Projects (roads, highways, bridges) required.
- Ability to communicate ideas to management and clients both orally and in writing.
- High level of analytical ability and computer skills are required. Knowledge of estimating systems such as Timberline, Success, RS Means.
- Understanding of Primavera P6 Scheduling software.
- Knowledge of FDOT systems and processes is a huge plus.
- Certified Cost Engineer preferred
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize plotter and computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs