Sr. Financial Systems Consultant - Toll Systems
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our New York, NY team as a Sr. Financial Systems Consultant - Tolls Systems supporting the MTA Bridges & Tunnels Consulting Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s office in New York City. This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of various toll revenue system projects in the E-ZPass System.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background as an IT systems specialist and project manager for development, integration, quality assurance and delivery of financial / accounting system projects. Experienced in working with system integrators. Solid understanding of toll revenue systems (hardware and software). Ability to troubleshoot issues during and after system installations. Able to support testing, commissioning and inspections. Ability to work with contractor reviewing system installation plans and schedules. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
Provides systems analysis and implementation and delivery activity in support of the selection and/or implementation of technology solutions, including activities relating to needs assessment, project planning, requirements gathering, interface specs, detailed requirement specification, system architecture, transaction workflows/use cases, procurement, design, testing, acceptance reviews, and transition of completed solutions to the operation and support state.
Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal, and graphical deliverables in the form of progress reports, operational concepts, technology reviews, designs, and specifications. Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis in the agency’s offices.
- Performs systems analysis and implementation consulting for external solution implementations.
- Completes needs assessment and project planning.
- Completes detailed requirement specification.
- Oversees and coordinates solution procurement.
- Completes and oversees solution design, testing and user acceptance.
- Oversees and coordinates transition to operation and support.
- May be responsible for project supervision of less experienced/junior professionals.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Develops preliminary concepts and/or final specifications.
- Researches feasibility of alternative approaches, technology capabilities, and previous experiences with Toll system deployments, cost benefits, and client/regulatory agency specifications, and prepares analysis.
- Writes reports, delivers presentations, communicates concepts and deliverables to clients, and participates in quality control checks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Systems Engineering, Finance, Accounting or a related field, and a minimum of ten years related experience. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with a minimum of ten years related experience since Bachelor’s or nine (9) years since Master's. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to information technologies, financial and accounting business systems, electronic payment, toll revenue operations, computer hardware & software, toll collection systems and sub-systems.
- Experience writing technical and procedural documentation.
- Experience in performing business liaison activities in support of information solution delivery, especially requirement-gathering and business process documentation is required.
- Formal training in Microsoft-related coursework is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting / financial systems and software is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and creative thinking ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as on a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; a strong work ethic and solid track record of getting the job done; the ability to work under pressure and work in a multi-tasking environment with changing priorities; willingness to perform what might be considered as mundane tasks; and adaptability to adapt to lead and follow process.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service, be able to follow and improve upon defined processes for solution delivery and deliver solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Must have exemplary solution delivery as demonstrated through the completion of tasks relating to needs assessment, project planning, detailed requirement specification, procurement, design, testing, acceptance reviews, and transition of completed solutions to the operation and support state.
- Must have exemplary business liaison skills.
- Strong understanding of toll revenue collection systems and operations and ability to analyze adherence to KPIs and contractual requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in toll system design, including lane, plaza and back office hardware and software processes is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues during and after system installations.
- Ability to support system testing, commissioning and inspections.
- Experienced in working with system integrators.
- Ability to work with contractor reviewing system installation plans and schedules.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills in English; good public speaking ability, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other project management / production support systems. Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent e-mail program is desired.
- Proven ability to lead analyst teams successfully.
- Completion of relevant Toll Training and Project Management Programs within the first 24 months of employment is highly desirable.
- Platform-specific software development certifications preferred.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or similar) preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.