Sr. Highway/Maintenance of Traffic Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, Raleigh or Henderson Team as a Sr.Highway/ Maintenance of Traffic Engineer.
Under general direction, provides technical expertise for development of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) for diverse engineering activities throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide. May function as lead designer or technical consultant. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years’ experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of Experience.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through positive, successful engagement on highway projects.
- Able to communicate within a project team environment, working with project managers, other discipline leads, the delivery team and clients.
- P.E. license is required. PTOE an added plus.
- Experienced technical leader for development of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) designs and plans for the following types of projects: interstates, interchanges, misc highways and municipal streets. Required: full comprehension of MUTCD requirements, and knowledge of DOT (home state or other) policies and procedures including certifications, if applicable. Able to prepare scopes and fees for MOT efforts on projects and assist in negotiations of fees with clients. Skilled in management including financials, delivery to scope and schedule, and mentoring younger staff for their growth.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles