Sr. ITS / Traffic Engineer
Sr. ITS / Traffic Engineer
Sr. Traffic Engineer
Why Join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Sr. Traffic Engineer to join our team in Houston or Austin, TX. This role will provide the expertise of a seasoned engineer to all Traffic/ITS aspects of Traffic Engineering and applies advanced concepts and techniques to unconventional engineering problems. May function as individual researcher or technical specialist. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Individual is required to have experience in engineering and preparation of traffic engineering and ITS design plans. Preference is to have knowledge of the operations and design requirements of limited access facilities, general purpose and express/managed lanes, and urban arterials. Design-Build project experience considered a plus.
- Individual would be responsible for traffic design plans review, development of project scopes, preparation of staff hour estimates and contract negotiations. Individual may be required to complete traffic design tasks ranging from the preparation of concept plans to signed and sealed contract documents.
- Individuals needs to be able to review design plans and communicate clear and concise comments from reviews to partner consultants, clients, and other agencies. Position would also be responsible for corresponding to Request for Information (RFI) requests during construction, as well as, review and approval of traffic design related shop drawings from the contractor.
- Individual must be able to communicate well with others.
- Position will require the ability to lead and coordinate meetings as well as work well in a team environment.
- Position does require time management and organizational skills as the individual will be involved in multiple projects operating on different schedules.
- Individual should be comfortable speaking in small/medium sized groups to provide engineering direction to the team.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in Nevada, or the ability to be registered with one (1) year.
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) considered a plus
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has seven to twelve years of experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Bluebeam considered a plus
- P.E. license is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs