Sr. ITS Traffic Engineer
Sr. ITS Traffic Engineer
Sr. ITS / Traffic Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Sr. ITS Traffic Engineer to join our team in Southfield, MI. This role will provide about 7 years of experience with ITS or 10 years of experience with ITS/Electrical Design.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Performs ITS/Traffic Engineering and design assignments of a varied nature.
- Conduct ITS / connected vehicle design, traffic operational and safety studies, traffic modeling, signal designs.
- Develops drawings for traffic signals, signing and pavement markings for transportation projects.
- Perform traffic impact studies for new developments.
- Conduct field activities such as traffic counts, traffic observations, origin destination studies.
- Design and Testing of a Completed and Operational ITS System, Including DMS, CSS, CTSS, and Traffic Detectors.
- Experience with Testing and Acceptance Specifications necessary for a completely verified ITS implementation.
- Design & Modification of Traffic Management Center.
- Experience with ITS Architectures & Systems Engineering Process.
- Data and Video Communications Networks and Systems Integration, Including Fiber and Wireless Systems.
- Experience with Design, Deployment & Operation of ITS Technologies.
- Two (2) years’ experience in ITS Construction.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or six years since M.S.
- Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- P.E. license is required.
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license a plus.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required.
- Experience in use of traffic engineering software such as HCS, Synchro / Sim-Traffic, Vissim.
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs