Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, the Mechanical Engineering team is responsible for supporting the Design Drafting group utilizing the SNC Stress team and support from Mechanical Engineers, technical accuracy and quality of mechanical drawings and delivery of corporate & client engineering needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer in the SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering department and reporting to the Manager of Mechanical Engineering, you will play a central role in engineering development, maintaining schedules, quality, client and SNCL specifications, calculations, design drafting packages, and new approaches to stream line deliverables, as well as editing and reviewing various high-level content. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client engineering and mechanical design teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
- Sealing of the piping drawings, specifications, etc. per the Texas Engineering Practices Act.
- Create specifications for engineered equipment for the purpose of obtaining quotations. This includes both fixed equipment and machinery items that will be issued to vendors for quotes. (Fixed equipment includes non-rotating pressure containing equipment .such as vessels, towers, drums, heat exchanges, piping/piping components, furnaces, flares, filters and reactors. Machinery equipment includes pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, gearboxes, motors, turbines, hydraulic systems, extrudes, and other specialty rotating equipment).
- Evaluate vendor proposals to determine compliance with specifications and recommends the vendor to supply the equipment and participates in pre-award, engineering review, and pre-inspection with the selected vendor and selectively witnesses equipment testing at the vendor shop during manufacturing as needed by the client.
- Review vendor data and drawings submitted for approval and provides feedback to the vendor through SNCL document control.
- Resolve technical issues, answers vendor questions, and provides guidance to the vendor as needed.
- Provide engineering support to field construction personnel as needed.
- Work with all engineering and manufacturing personnel involved (including- process design/ instrumentation/ electrical/ civil/ inspection/ applications/ design drafting/ project engineering/ operations & mechanical design).
- Assist in the Leadership of Mechanical Engineering Group at Baytown and Development direction into the overall Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer and a minimum 15 years' experience in Oil & Gas industry, Petrochemical & Refinery.
- P.E License - Registered Mechanical Engineer – TEXAS is required.
- Excellent Verbal, Written Communications skills required.
- Excellent Team leadership skills working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering ASME Code knowledge – VIII, Div. 1 & 2, ANSI B31.1 & 3.
- Good working knowledge of piping flexibility and piping layout preferred but not necessary.
- Knowledge of Compress, Caesar II, Nozzle Pro.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.