Sr Mechanical Engineer
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical/Nuclear Ventilation Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Mechanical/Nuclear Ventilation Engineer is an integral part of our Nuclear team who will serve as the subject matter expert on nuclear ventilation design, procurement, construction and more. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on mechanical/nuclear ventilation design, procurement, construction, installation, testing, and safety matters; qualifies as a Systems Engineer as assigned.
- Inspects and approves, or provides oversight for inspection and approval of systems, structures and components (SSCs) (including commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials) within their area of expertise and develops familiarity with SSCs defined in the facility's Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR), Configuration Items list, and non- DSA systems.
- Interprets and monitors compliance with applicable codes, standards, guides, and contractual requirements for nuclear ventilation systems (e.g. ASHRAE, ASME AG-I, ASME N509, ASME N510, DOE-HDBK-1169, DOE-G 420.1-lA, DOE-STD-3020, etc.); approves designs and installation of commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials.
- Permits alternate methods where it is assured that equivalent objectives can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective safety equal to or exceeding established codes, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares Facility Modifications, Field Change Notices, Engineering Change Responses, drawings, and sketches as required.
- Performs or participates in Design Reviews, Equivalency Evaluations, and Commercial Grade/Legacy Item Dedications as assigned.
- Consults with cognizant experts in other areas before a decision is reached on items outside their expertise, such as fire, nuclear safety, ES&H, etc.
- Prepares designs, documents, and procedures; ensures that the complexity is appropriate for the application; maintains knowledge and configuration management of as-built SSCs.
- Assists other organizations as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
What will you contribute?
- Baccalaureate in in Engineering or related science.
- Minimum 8 years job-related experience with 3 years nuclear/DOE experience preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter (US citizenship required), and must be able to obtain and maintain a Q clearance.
- Possesses executive ability as is required for performance of the position and has through experience and/or education, the knowledge of standards and work practices used in the installation, operations, construction, testing, and maintenance of mechanical/nuclear ventilation equipment and systems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs