Sr. Principal Process Engineer – Petrochemicals
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Will provide leadership in design, development, optimization and implementation of major processes and systems in; olefins, polyolefins, olefins cracking, aromatics, ethyl benzene, styrene and other petrochemical sectors. This position has lead supervisory responsibility.
- Function as a technical consultant to formulate and develop advanced process concepts. Provide technical support to the Business Development group and assist with proposal preparation.
- Provide specialized process design on single or multiple projects from conception through FEED, detailed design, commissioning, and troubleshooting. Resolve complex troubleshooting, design optimization and perform engineering studies.
- Develop heat and material balance, process simulations, process flow diagram (PFDs), process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process data sheets for equipment and instruments, hydraulic line sizing, and technical calculations.
- Define the project scope of work and design criteria. Conducts technical assessment with licensors, vendors and engineering contractors to provide the optimum design.
- Ensure technical and quality compliance of scope of work with relevant standards and procedures consistent with project objectives. Conduct/follow Peer Check and Squad Check procedures for technical deliverables.
- When leading a process design team, assign work tasks to other Process Engineers. Review and approve the work in accordance to company procedures. Responsible for budget, schedule, productivity and scope of work for the process team.
- Hold client and vendors meetings. Hold intra-discipline and attend cross discipline coordination meetings.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering and 20+ years’ experience with a minimum of 15 years in the petrochemical industry.
- P.E. registration is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with commonly used process engineering standards and codes including but not limited to API, GPS as well as commonly used process engineering software.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys, Pro II and other Simulation Software.
- Prior experience in the petrochemical industry, with significant knowledge of olefins technology and understanding of olefins and their derivatives in downstream products and industries.
- Experience distinguishing advantages and/or vulnerabilities among licensors’ competitive technologies in the petrochemical sectors.
- Knowledge of process engineering guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.