Sr. Process Engineer
Sr. Process Engineer
Sr. Process Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr. Process Engineer is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as chemical engineering systems including reaction vessels, filtration systems, ion-exchange skids, piping and vessel systems. Conversant in the selection of commercially available equipment, which may include pumps, valves, pipe fittings, in-line components and filtration systems. May run experiments and tests to aid in the development of processing systems.
- Performs a variety of engineering calculations using traditional engineering methods to document compliance with project and code requirements, which may include mass and energy balances, pressure profiles, pipe, pump and vessel sizing.
- Generates and is fully conversant with Process Flow Diagrams, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Data Sheets.
- Assists in the preparation and approval of design documents and plant modifications, including supervision of designers in document development in accordance with approved procedures, processes and design requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Familiar with national codes and standards appropriate to the Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Ensures relevant design criteria, specifications, practices, procedures and codes and site design and safety and licensing basis are used in preparation of design media.
- Interfaces with staff, within the team and supporting sub-contractors to ensure work is being completed in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring that safety is an integral element embodied in equipment design and specification.
- Works in multi-discipline teams on project-based work and ensures integration of design across multiple disciplines.
- Performs checking to ensure accuracy of design media in accordance with company policies and procedures and client expectations.
- Works to assigned schedules ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work and initiates corrective measures to overcome delays.
- Understands, complies and is responsible for working to environmental health and safety policies and procedures and attends meetings as required. Provides supervision and leadership to members of the design team, commensurate with seniority.
- Recommends new equipment, concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify design, reduce costs, correct design flaws or to comply with changes in client requirements, codes or regulations.
- Performs independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of plant changes and design modifications.
- Supports installation and testing of site systems and components.
- Participates in the preparation of cost estimates for engineering services to internal and external clients and coordinates work assignments to meet project-established schedules and budgets.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment.
- Leads and directs the work of teams.
- Significant creativity and latitude is required.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/ specialist.
- Acts as Engineering Manager on dedicated Project(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Master's degree required in chemical engineering or related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience required
- Requires U.S. Citizenship
- Strong communication skills – experienced in presenting design media to large audiences, including clients and customers
- Advanced knowledge of Process Equipment design software and Microsoft Office
- Detailed knowledge of functional discipline and its practical application
- Detailed knowledge of industry codes and regulations
- Detailed knowledge of the management of complex engineering projects
- Detailed knowledge in the development of mass and energy balances
- Knowledge of AutoCAD P&ID and/or Bently SmartPlant P&ID software
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs