Sr Procurement Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Sr. Procurement Specialist to join the team in Richland, WA.
- Plays a lead role in the management of some commodity or may administer subcontracts to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines requirements, assists in generating proposals, monitors performance, negotiates terms and conditions and ensures compliance with contract requirements, applicable commercial or government regulations, policies and procedures. Leads sourcing and negotiation for the procurement team.
- Coordinates, develops and produces commodity or subcontract documentation such as subcontracts, agreements, modification task/delivery orders, solicitations, estimates, cost/price analyses, negotiation memorandums, justifications, determinations, special contract provisions, representations, certifications and correspondence.
- Evaluates proposals and quotations, determines offer responsiveness, responsibility and eligibility for award and provides support for discussions and negotiations.
- Maintains supplier, commodity or subcontract files as appropriate.
- Monitors and tracks supplier or subcontractor deliverables.
- Reviews and processes purchase requisitions.
- Coordinates with Accounting and Finance department in administering subcontract invoicing and payments, job cost management, contract audit/filing and closeout processes.
- Ensures supplier or subcontractor requirements are met, monitors cost status, assists in cost management and coordinates issue resolution with customers.
- Ensures the management of subcontract file(s) and prepares and controls all modifications and correspondence.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensures cost or price analyses is conducted and adequately documented to ensure fair and reasonable prices.
- Closes out subcontracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to adapt and work on varying assignments, individually or as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contract law and contract terms and conditions. Ability to handle the most difficult procurement assignments.
- Strong project and program management skills. Demonstrated ability in multitasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially with respect to conveying highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work as a team member, and stands out when leading efforts. Demonstrated strength with relationship management and negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong leadership skills. Recognized as a strong leader and strong procurement expert at the company.
- Creative with a keen attention to detail
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Deltek Applications preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required in a business related field
- Requires 6 years of experience as a buyer
- Requires 6 years experience working the supply chain in an Federal nuclear industry
- Requires experience in the acquisition of a wide range of commodities, engineered equipment and in major construction and service subcontracts
- Requires experience with procurement document files in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) regulations (if being hired into buying position with government contracts)
- Requires experience with procurement systems and FAR/DFAR
- Experience in purchasing and subcontract administration in services industry preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles