Sr Project Accountant
Sr Project Accountant
Sr Project Accountant
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr Project Accountant is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for all accounting activities related to specific projects within the project ledger including recording of revenues, accruals and cost deferrals. Responsible for reconciling project related accounts, preparing invoices to customers, calculating revenue, reviewing ETCs and providing project data to the program office. Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of assigned ledger accounts. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Maintains project accounting records in corporate project ledger Costpoint software.
- Manages, prepares and processes required accounting entries (e.g., accruals, deferrals, reclassifications and fees) as directed by project managers and/or as required by the project contract.
- Reviews new contracts and modifications to set up project in Costpoint in accordance with financial information from contract such as labor bill rates, billing milestones, retention, and funding ceilings.
- Ensures contract compliance for timely and accurate billing and revenue recognition.
- Ensures appropriate revenue recognition for IFRS15.
- Is responsible for customer invoicing and detailed reviews of unbilled revenue.
- Assists in timely collection of customer accounts receivable.
- Provides customer with sufficient cost data for cost analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Serves as liaison with customers regarding invoice-related questions, including interpretation of charges, reconciliation and support documentation.
- Produces monthly accounting reports for financial statements and monthly management reports. Compares actual costs to estimates and analyze variances.
- Supports internal and external audit information requests.
- Provides data and assistance to Project Management for budget development.
- Performs reconciliation and analysis for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities including the more complex reconciliation activities.
- Serves as liaison between project managers and corporate accounting regarding financial-related issues.
- Provides revenue, customer and other analysis for management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or 2-3 years of related experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- 4+ years experience in project accounting particularly with revenue recognition and job costing is required
- Experience with project financial analysis for revenue, unbilled/deferred revenue is required
- 2+ years’ experience in general ledger accounting is preferred
- Multi-currency/international experience a plus
- Basic proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Costpoint skills preferred
- Ability to perform complex project accounting tasks and ability to read and understand complex customer contracts
- Detailed knowledge of revenue recognition principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs