Sr. Project Engineer - Engineering Program Management & Administration/Bond Support
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering. M.S. or graduate-level coursework preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 10 years of experience since B.S., or 9 years since M.S.
- Typical incumbent will have 15-20 years of experience.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- FDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
- Professional Registration (e.g. PE) in field of practice is required.
- PMP certification is desirable.
- Senior Project Engineer as part of Atkins’ Orlando, FL transportation team that supports the Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) (client). FTE, the tolling division of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is currently developing tolled express lane systems and toll facilities.
- This position will serve as a GEC Project Engineer for the client’s Engineering Group, and will work with other consultants and Atkins staff, as well as provide support to the client’s staff, on numerous types of design/construction projects related primarily to those express lane and toll facilities.
- Under general direction, provides technical expertise within area of specialization for diverse engineering activities throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide. May function as lead designer or technical consultant. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, technical and financial management.
- Provides engineering and administrative support for programs such as Consulting Engineer’s Reports, bond indentures, GASB 34, annual asset inspections, insurance renewals, renewal and replacement (R&R) certifications.
- ADA Quarterly and Annual Reporting (quarterly reporting).
- Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing and executing project assignments.
- Selects problems for investigation, developing novel approaches and solutions to technical problems.
- Supports occasional field work with technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
- Responsible preparing for concept reports, including coordination with internal client design groups in preparation of the reports, to be used for scoping and budgeting projects.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of the Request for Proposal documents developed by the Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) for the solicitation of civil contractors to construct the tolled facilities, and deliver the infrastructure required to support tolling operations.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art methods and developments in area of specialization.
- Recommends changes or improvements to plans and programs.
- Conducts quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, evaluations and specifications developed by design staff for accuracy and completeness, performing on-site inspections and reviews, and conducting or overseeing remedial design work.
- Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR's)-Support Design and PMs on QARs with Central Office (as needed).
- Errors and Omissions-Reviews and monitors program and process to support FTE Roadway (as needed).
- Value Engineering and CSI- reviews and monitors VE program for FTE to support FTE Roadway (annual evaluation and monitoring).
- Coordinates and works with FTE and FDOT operations staff to support operations from the conceptual operations phase, implementation, to ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Guides, reviews, supervises and/or coordinates the work of a multidisciplinary project team made up of widely diverse internal teams and consultants.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams from FTE and FDOT and external contractors to work towards technical solutions that are in the best interests of the overall project.
- Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the Agency’s offices.
- Communicates regularly with client staff, project managers, external agency and consultant staff.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays, presentations, reports.
- Agreements Support for PMs (project specific as needed).
- Prepares and maintains project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to client project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Estimate Review for Initial and Monitoring for Large/Complex projects (as nedeed).
- Establishes and maintains project files.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- May function as the project manager for routine to semi-complex projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong technical writing, oral and listening communication skills; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and select appropriate solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to process electronic/paper documents.
- Strong project financial management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Project Server; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other Project Management / production support systems.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.