Sr. Project Manager - Highway Engineering
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, FL Team as a Sr. Project Manager – Highway Engineering.
Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of highly unconventional Highway Engineering projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements.
Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
- Work involves management and coordination of usually large or complex Highway Engineering projects involving significant billings, heavy regulatory agency involvement and unique management requirements and/or client needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Florida, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Proven experience in managing highway related design projects; preference for experience with Florida DOT (Districts 4 and 6),but will consider other state DOT experience. Must be able to develop and/or guide development of scopes, schedules and budgets for multidiscipline highway type projects. Has experience in helping to pursue projects through competitive selections (prepositioning, proposal writing, presentations). Successful experience in leading multidisciplinary highway projects from start thru completion: team management, client engagement, financial management, management to scope and schedule with a focus on quality.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles