Sr. Project Manager-Highways
Sr. Project Manager-Highways
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Sr. Project Manager-Highways
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Team as a Sr. Project Manager – Highway Engineering. The ideal candidate will have a background in the DOT-type highway and Roadway projects in design or construction, experience in capital project procurement / development, and life-cycle management of projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience in management, engineering, administration and communicating is desired, as well as the willingness to be a team player.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Under direction of the program manager, provides professional and project management expertise for transportation projects requiring. Manages entire project team including; internal project staff, sub-consultant staff, direct client consultants and client contractors.
- Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Performs the production coordination, planning, organizing, scheduling, directing, controlling, and project controls management to deliver projects on time and budget.
- Drafts professional service agreements and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants. Arranges for review and execution by senior management and presentation to client for execution.
- Meets regularly with co-located client team to establish working relationships across departments. Develops clear and measurable project expectations, communicates progress regularly and modifies expectations with client team as needed.
- Creates and routinely updates project scope, schedule, and budget; manages project resources to schedule and budget; communicates project progress/status to program manager and alerts of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, monitors sub-consultants' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; performs contract administration; reviews and approves sub-consultant and vendor invoices.
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Directs the development of total project costs estimates and complete construction letting packages and contracts, coordinate and administer pre-bid meetings with contracting community, and manages project transition from design phase into construction phase to ensure clean hand-off to construction management team.
- Prepares public facing project reports to be used in communication to: clients’ governing Board, bond holders, Sate and other local governments.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
- Supervises technical professionals and other design staff including managing weekly project workload and manpower forecasting for internal and subconsultant staff.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Professional Registration in field(s) of practice required, if available. Certification as a “Project Management
- Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs