Sr. Project Manager - Highways
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Lynnwood, WA Team as a Sr. Project Manager – Highways.
Do you want to be a part of building something great? Do you strive to expand and forge new ground? Well, Atkins has an exciting opportunity for you! We are in search of a Sr. Project Manager knowledgeable in Highway Design for our growing Northwest Division in the Seattle area of Washington. With this opportunity, you will be responsible for supporting our fast growing and expanding transportation business line for Atkins.
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track progress towards corporate goals in the Northwest.
- Collaborate across our business to drive success.
- Foster and manage the relationship with clients and stakeholders.
- Meet with clients and develop detailed strategies to serve their needs.
- Participate in business development and project acquisition activities to meet goals and objective.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical excellence to our customers.
- Coordinate resource needs (internal and partners) and monitor allocation for the flawless execution of projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Measure project performance using Atkins tools and techniques for the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to projects based on financial analysis.
- Turn a little into a lot.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability.
- Strong project financial management and team management skills.
- Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Professional Registration in field(s) of practice required, if available. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
- Strong working knowledge of WSDOT consulting environment and procurement process, as well as State & Federal regulations and procedures.
- Fifteen years of experience with at least five years of local experience delivering recent consultancy projects for WSDOT.
- Experience delivering Design Build projects with special focus on WSDOT projects.
- Proven working experience in project management and project delivery.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus, State of Washington PE required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or planning or equivalent work experience required, management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles