Sr. Project Manager
Candu Energy Inc. is looking candidates with 10 - 20 years of experience in managing, planning and executing a variety of projects in the nuclear industry ranging from small engineering design projects through to major EPCM projects that include engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning management.
We are looking for leaders with the following:
- Can build a team and can inspire them to perform and work together towards a common goal
- Possess excellent judgement and can correctly apply skills and knowledge
- Are strong supervisors who delegate effectively and perform well under stress
- Demonstrate initiative and decisiveness
- Lead by example and set high standards for Health & Safety and Nuclear Safety Culture
- Plan and communicate effectively
- Seek and accept responsibility and accountability
Well versed in all aspects of project management having demonstrated experience and training in the following areas:
- Project scope and deliverable definition
- Contract management including scope & change control, requirements management, various contracting models
- Significant procurement and subcontract management experience including subcontractor and supplier oversight and development of subcontracting strategies
- Application of project controls methodology with respect to planning and scheduling, baseline management, cost control, budgeting, forecasting and resource management
- Developing and implementing detailed project execution plans and monitoring their execution through comprehensive reporting to clients and senior management
- Knowledge and experience in applying risk management to projects including the use of industry standard tools and practices
- Developing and applying appropriate key performance indicators to monitor project health and performance
- Assembling a project team through recruiting, interviewing and selecting staff with appropriate skills and establishing training and development programs suitable for the work
- Forming and maintaining relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and project stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidates will have University Degrees in Engineering and will have demonstrated experience in the planning and execution of projects preferably in the nuclear industry with increasing responsibility as their careers have progressed.
- Candidates will be expected to be based at project sites with travel as required to visit clients, partners and suppliers.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles