Sr. Project Manager (Power Grid)
Sr. Project Manager (Power Grid)
Sr. Project Manager (Power & Utility, T&D & Substation)
Why join us?
This position reports to our office in Albany, NY/ Portland, ME but not limited to other offices in the North East US region and reports to our Manager, Business Operations, Power Solutions. It is responsible for overall project management, project planning, scheduling, resource management, budgeting and establishing and meeting critical project objectives. Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems. Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, contract negotiation, and related activities.
The Sr. Project Manager will work with members of the Power, Grid & Industrial Solutions Division and will direct and support project execution activities on moderate-to-large scope Transmission and Distribution projects, EPC projects, or a combination of smaller initiatives for our clients in both the traditional utility and the renewable energy space. Applicants must have Utility - Electric - Transmission - Distribution experience in the power industry.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the top international engineering services firms in the world and has an opportunity for a Power & Utility Senior Project Manager. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative resource to support the growth and diversity of our services as well as the expansion of our footprint in the North-East Region and nationally.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project execution plans and associated communications documents.
- Leads others and directs all phases of assigned projects by utilizing program and project methodologies, systems, tools, and quality standards as defined by SNC-Lavalin in developing project plans and deliverables that meet identified requirements. Provides feedback and performance assessments to appropriate management in a timely manner and addresses and helps resolve conflict among project team members.
- Leads the development of an integrated project schedule to successfully implement the project and ensures resources and dependencies are identified. Ensures assigned resources are executing as planned. Provides tracking and reporting to plan and with occasional guidance, works with project teams on implementation of recovery plans as necessary.
- Facilitates communication of project health and status with project teams, stakeholders, sponsors, customer representatives, and senior level management. Prepares and distributes meeting minutes indicating agreements reached, task assignments and related information.
- Prepares and participates in risk, issue, and opportunity identification through detailed analysis of the project contracts. Works with project or program leadership to develop and execute mitigation strategies.
- Monitors, tracks, and controls change to the projects through formal change control management of requirements, configuration, performance measures, cost, schedule, and project organization structure.
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- The candidate will lead proposal development, development of scopes of work and costing efforts related to T&D and Renewables Initiatives.
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
What will you contribute?
- PMP certification is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant project management experience in the Power industry.
- Minimum of 15 years' relevant/applicable industry experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience including Utility, government, municipal and/or industrial Transmission & Distribution projects.
- Extensive Project and Program Management experience including the full Project Lifecycle of Substations & Overhead Lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline would be considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically, develop and communicate a vision.
- Ability to understand and adapt to communication styles of team members and vendors who come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences.
- Able to simultaneously manage and oversee business process projects as well as lead project management capability improvement efforts. Database and operating systems experience with the ability to understand dependencies and limitations.
- Must be skilled in the use of project management tools.
- Must be able to coach individuals and teams.
- Must be skilled in the selection and application of training for knowledge and skill transfer.
- Must communicate well at all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders.
- Experience leading organizational change management initiatives is required.
- Demonstrated writing abilities, organizational skills, competency with basic business computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office).
- Strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management, continuous improvement, and client satisfaction.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs