Sr Public Information Specialist III
Sr Public Information Specialist III
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Sr Public Information Specialist
Why join us?
Manages public outreach and public relations teams on conventional and unconventional projects. Coordinates, plans, organizes, and directs public outreach efforts and programs for a client or a business unit of the firm. Develops and implements public relations strategy and implementation steps for a client or a business unit of the firm. May supervise, and functions as a mentor to, less experienced professionals to assist in their professional training and development and performs quality assurance of their work deliverables.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Planning Group, in Atlanta, GA as a Sr Public Information Specialist.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leads and manages the public outreach efforts of major projects.
- Works directly with client and/or business unit to develop and propose a public relations strategy to identify potential solutions to communicating with project stakeholders, media and the public.
- Manages the implementation of public relations strategy to create a positive project image.
- Prepare and distribute press releases and coordinate media events (as needed).
- Track media coverage of client projects.
- Leads public outreach project goals and makes recommendations to the client of the best means to address the needs.
- Manages direct relationship with the client regarding public outreach.
- Coordinates and participates in government briefings and project presentations to external groups.
- Organizes/manages project information files and coordinates the interchange of project outreach information with the client and among project team members.
- Coordinates project publications, brochures, newsletters, web information and materials; meets with the client to determine key messages and themes.
- Develops and implements individual project Public Outreach Plans in coordination with the client.
- Produces and distributes daily, weekly and monthly reports on public outreach efforts.
- May supervise the work of support staff and less experienced professionals, as assigned.
- Performs such other duties determined necessary by the supervisor.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university. Eleven or more years of professional related experience involving public relations, public outreach and other related areas. Knowledge of public relations and public involvement techniques and strategies; knowledge of media relations strategies.
- Job requires ability to write and oversee the design of promotional and informational materials; ability to establish effective working relationships with the media, employees, managers, citizens, appointed and elected officials; ability to work in a team environment and to work independently; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make persuasive public presentations; ability to listen and respond to citizens and other customers on a variety of issues. Computer proficiency is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs