Sr QA Engineer II Energy
Sr QA Engineer II Energy
Sr QA Engineer II Energy
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN, and reports to our Division Manager Energy. The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for assisting the Project Office and providing technical support and subject matter expertise in the area of Quality Assurance, Engineering Quality, Supplier Quality, Construction Quality and Quality Control.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The QE shall support evaluation of quality assurance implementation for compliance to contract requirements which include 10 CFR 830 Subpart A, DOE Quality Assurance Orders, and other quality assurance contract requirements.
- The QE shall provide audits, assessments and oversight activities of the M&O contractor’s quality assurance program which includes the writing of plans, reports, comments, and issues. The QE must demonstrate proficient written and verbal communication skills. (75%)
- The QE shall provide quality assurance support to the Quality Assurance Director and to the Subproject Federal Project Directors in providing analysis of the M&O and USACE quality assurance activities. Additionally, the contractor shall provide support in the execution of the UPO quality assurance implementation. (25%)
- Interfaces with staff, within the team and supporting subcontractors to ensure work is being completed in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring that safety is an integral element embodied in equipment design and specification.
- Works in multi-discipline teams on project-based work and ensures integration of design across multiple disciplines.
- Performs checking to ensure accuracy of design media in accordance with company policies and procedures and client expectations.
- Provides technical, program analysis, or engineering support and in-depth Subject matter expertise.
- Serves in a key technical role.
- Develops, reviews, and provides technical guidance regarding policies, plans, orders, and documentation.
- Conducts research, performs analyses, and provides input to reports, plans, and briefings.
- Work performed under this task may require the contractor and its personnel to gain access to classified and restricted DOE/NNSA data, systems, and facilities. For this reason, the contractor personnel may be required to obtain and maintain and possess a DOE/NNSA Q Clearance.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree required but Advanced degree preferred.
- P.E. not required but preferred.
- 12 years of experience in Engineering.
- 15 years of industry related experience.
- Specific knowledge regarding constructions and supplier quality requirements is required. The work shall be performed in cooperation with UPO, UPO support contactors, and the local site Management and Operating (M&O) contractor.
- Knowledge and experience with technologies and systems expected to be used at UPF or from other DOE projects.
- Knowledge and experience of uranium processing.
- Experience working on nuclear design and construction projects.
- Must be able to interface with government program representatives on high-level technical and project issues.
- Ability to successfully make quick decisions and meet goals while working under severe time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative with a keen attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of functional discipline, its practical application and management of complex engineering projects.
- Ability to work as a team member to adapt and work on varying assignments.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs