Sr. Security Operations Specialist- Vulnerability and Risk Assessments
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Sr. Security Operations Specialist- Vulnerability and Risk Assessments to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Supervises the Security Operations Specialist- Vulnerability/Risk Assessment Analyst
• Develops and executes vulnerability/risk assessment activities to ensure compliance with applicable DOE directives and contractual requirements for a Special Nuclear Material (SNM) Category I facility and makes technical nuclear security recommendations on potential changes to the Category I facility. Prepares and provides technical briefings for the local DOE Officially Designated Federal Security Authority(s) on technical nuclear security issues related to the Category I facility.
• Serves as Vulnerability Assessment Manager, Vulnerability Assessment Team Lead, Vulnerability Assessment Analyst and Vulnerability Assessments Modeling/Simulations Specialist.
• Provides analysis, written reports, and presentations regarding assessments for safeguarding and security SNM.
• Reviews input from physical security vulnerability/risk assessment modeling and simulation services, blast effects analysis services, and incorporate these results into current vulnerability/risk assessment activities as needed.
• Serves as the Isotek lead for the Vulnerability/risk assessment team and subject matter expert to the ORNL Design Basis Threat Task Force and Performance Assurance Plan Working Group, coordinating with other stakeholders to achieve consensus for implementation of necessary safeguards and security measures.
• Assists the Security Operations Manager in the development of the Site Security Plan and provides input for the Performance Assurance Program Plan to ensure proper vulnerability/risk assessment elements are adequately addressed and implemented.
• Provides technical direction to subcontractors providing vulnerability assessment support.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Must be knowledgeable of DOE directives and standards related to physical security and vulnerability assessments for a DOE SNM Category 1 facility.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Baccalaureate in a security related field or requisite experience preferred
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in DOE safeguards and security vulnerability/risk assessment activities.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles