Sr. Tolls Analyst - Database & Violation Enforcement Support
Sr. Tolls Analyst - Database & Violation Enforcement Support
Sr. Tolls Analyst – Database & Violation Enforcement Support
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Sr. Tolls Analyst – Database & Violation Enforcement, supporting the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to join our team in Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business and/or revenue collection operations management as a business analyst, systems manager or financial manager/analyst.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Under direction, applies technical professional competency in Toll Systems, Toll Operations and relevant Toll related Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to the investigation of transportation planning, engineering and operational needs and problems, the coordination of Toll project activities, and the preparation of plans and documents.
- Expected to take the lead in project-specific teams.
- Applies broad knowledge of leading-edge information and communication technologies, planning, and engineering processes to the planning, development, design, and operation of Toll systems.
- Expected to carry out job functions within small project-oriented multidisciplinary teams of Toll professionals and be able to support direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, operations, and project production and delivery.
- Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal, and graphical deliverables in the form of progress reports, operational concepts, technology reviews, designs, and specifications.
- Conducts assignments that require the investigation of a large number of variables.
- Develops and agrees upon outline deliverables.
- Collaborates in the design and development of toll concepts, including requirements analysis, technology review and selection, development and communication of operational concepts, specifications development, testing, and commissioning.
- Writes reports, delivers presentations, communicates concepts and deliverables to clients, and participates in quality control checks.
- Manages Toll project teams.
- Monitors operational systems, providing feedback to client and vendors on the result of changes to business processes or software systems.
- Gathers and interprets data from vendor databases.
- Analyzes information that is generated from the roadside (toll equipment) and back office system (BOS) to troubleshoot issues.
- Identifies patterns and trends in data sets.
- Defines new data collection and analysis processes.
- Analyzes business rules and procedures to optimize revenue collection and/or minimize negative customer impacts
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or a toll-related subject such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Accounting, Economics, Business, Law, or Information Technology. Toll-related Master’s degree / MBA can substitute for one year of experience.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with seven (7) years of experience since Bachelor's or six (6) years since toll-related Master's.
- Relevant work experience would provide exposure to information and communication technologies, toll operations, and/or intelligent transportation systems (ITS), including fiber-optic communication design, video systems, computer hardware & software, toll collection systems and sub-systems, toll infrastructure, electronic payment, or traffic management.
- Without a degree, a minimum of thirteen (13) years of relevant experience required.
- Detailed understanding of the practical design and deployment of a wide range of information, communication, and toll operations technologies, including video/violations-processing, systems engineering, toll collection systems and sub-systems, electronic payment, customer service center or traffic management.
- Strong expertise in ETL process design. Exceptional proficiencies in Microsoft SQL and Oracle.
- Proven ability to lead analyst teams successfully.
- Completion of relevant Toll Training and Project Management Programs within the first 24 months of employment is highly desirable.
- Position requires strong analytical ability, organizational and time management skills with ability to perform under pressure and dexterity to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong effective technical writing, oral and listening communication skills in English are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Position requires ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be self-starter with excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong personal computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook, is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs