Sr. Tolls Analyst - System Testing Support
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX team as a Sr. Tolls Analyst – System Testing Support supporting the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
The ideal candidate will have a background in business and/or revenue collection operations management as a business analyst, systems manager or financial manager/analyst.
Under direction, applies technical professional competency in Toll Systems, Toll Operations and relevant Toll-related Intelligent Transportation Systems ITS) technology to the investigation of transportation planning and operational needs and problems, the coordination of Toll project activities, and the preparation of plans and documents.
Applies broad knowledge of leading-edge information and communication technologies, planning, and engineering processes to the planning, development, design, and operation of Toll systems. Expected to take the lead in project-specific teams.
Carries out job functions within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of toll professionals and be able to support direct interaction with clients within the context of project meetings, design reviews, operations, project production and delivery.
Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal and graphical deliverables in the form of progress reports, operational concepts, technology reviews, designs and specifications.
- Conducts assignments that require the investigation of a large number of variables.
- Develops and applies general Toll planning, operational and engineering solutions to development or implementation problems.
- Collaborates in the design and development of Toll concepts, including requirements analysis, technology review and selection, development and communication of operational concepts, specifications development, testing, and commissioning.
- Develops preliminary concepts and/or final specifications.
- Researches feasibility of alternative approaches, technology capabilities, and previous experiences with Toll system deployments.
- Writes reports, delivers presentations, communicates concepts and deliverables to clients, and participates in quality control checks.
- Manages Toll project teams.
- Leads analyses of processes and system operations to identify improvements and/or efficiencies in accordance with client objectives; this includes facilitating workshops or work sessions to engage staff, gathering inputs to analyses and sharing emerging ideas and conclusions.
- Oversees vendors’ test planning and testing activities on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates with client vendor to ensure necessary resources are available to execute testing activities.
- Coordinates with client vendor to confirm that testing is in sync with software development in all phases.
- Prepares status reports of testing activities.
- Updates client and project manager regularly about the progress of testing activities.
- Understands all technical documents and understands what needs to be tested.
- Reviews and assists in the development of test cases and priority of testing activities.
- Leads client team during the execution of test cases and reports/documents defects.
- Provides input on the severity and priority of defects.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or a toll-related subject such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Accounting, Economics, Business, Law or Information Technology. Toll-related Master's degree / MBA can substitute for one year of experience.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with seven (7) years’ experience since Bachelor's or six (6) years since Master's. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to information and communication technologies, toll revenue collection operations, and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), including fiber-optic communication design, video systems, computer hardware & software, toll collection systems and sub-systems, toll infrastructure, electronic payment, or traffic management.
- Without a degree, a minimum of thirteen (13) years of relevant experience required.
- Position requires strong analytical ability, organizational skills, and technical skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Strong personal computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access is required.
- Position requires ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally. Good interpersonal skills are essential to interact effectively.
- Detailed understanding of the practical design and deployment of a wide range of information, communication, and toll operations technologies, including fiber-optic communication design, video/violations-processing systems/engineering, toll collection systems and sub-systems, electronic payment, toll infrastructure, customer service center or traffic management.
- Not Required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.