Sr. Water Engineering Project Manager
Sr. Water Engineering Project Manager
Senior Water Engineering Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Water Engineering Project Manager will be based out of our Henderson, Nevada office and reports to our Senior Division Manager. The Sr. Water Engineering Project Manager, under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in municipal water design work including unconventional projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements with clients such as City of Las Vegas, Clark County and City of Henderson. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Design management and technical leadership of projects that are, or in excess of, $5MM including pipeline design, channel design, storm drain design, and sewer design.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates, stakeholders and clients, and local, state and federal agencies such as Southern Nevada Water Authority, Las Vegas Valley Water District, Clark County Public Works, City of Henderson, City of North Las Vegas, Clark County Regional Flood Control District, Clark County Water Reclamation District, etc. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Provide the team with critical decision-making information and business intelligence on the local and regional water market in order to execute the business growth strategy, teaming discussions, go-no evaluation and major proposal preparation.
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices and resolves payment disputes.
- Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Professional Engineer license in Nevada is required, or ability to obtain in Nevada within 6 months. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) required within one year of assuming this position.
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 7 years of technical experience in pipeline design, channel design, storm drain design, and sewer design.
- Understanding and general competency of CADD (Autodesk and MicroStation).
- Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencie
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs