Sr. Water Resources Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Tampa, Florida as a Senior Highway Drainage Design Engineer.
The ideal candidate has a background on Highway, Roadway Drainage Design.
Preparation of roadway drainage design calculations and plan preparation. Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment to carry out diversified engineering projects or phases of a single project with relatively few complex features and requiring the use of analysis, interpretation and deductive reasoning.
Roadway drainage design experience---preferably GDOT drainage design experience.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of drainage engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents.
On design assignments, progresses toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
On engineering and planning assignments, continues to develop a knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems.
On construction assignments, continues to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering plans and specifications into constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Duties usually include the following:
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings regarding Highway and Roadway drainage design.
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope.
- Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experienced professional.
- Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining construction progress; observes construction procedures under the guidance of a more experienced professional and evaluates the results from quality control testing.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writes miscellaneous reports. Prepares preliminary man-hour, cost and material quantity estimates.
- Participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required. Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required.
- CAD, MicroStation skills preferred.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- P.E. license is required.
- Experience with GDOT’s Plan Development Process (PDP) and GDOT drainage manual standards and requirements a definite plus.
- Experience in preparing roadway drainage plans and calculations.
- MS4 experience a definite plus.
- MicroStation and InRoad experience required along with various drainage design software experience.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.