Sr. Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Sr. Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Regional Water Infrastructure Manager is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Orlando, FL.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Technical oversight of design staff and team members for water and wastewater infrastructure projects including water pipelines, sewage collection systems, storm drain systems, pump stations, storage tanks, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Monitors subconsultants' progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 10 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Local experience with the cities, water/sanitation districts and regulatory agencies within the greater Orlando area is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction specifications including CSI standards is preferred.
- P.E License in FL is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs