Sr. Work Control Specialist
Sr. Work Control Specialist
Sr Work Control Specialist
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr Work Control Specialist is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based out of our office in Aiken, SC.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Proficient in utilizing PC and various applications related to work control and work planning activities.
- Working knowledge of codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge of standard work planning practices and associated control systems, including
- working knowledge of best practices of work management.
- Working knowledge of scheduling practices.
- Thorough knowledge of hazard analysis and LOTO methods for worker protection.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate and work well with multiple groups for planning high hazard, complex
- work initiatives.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications on technical and
- nontechnical subjects.
- Working knowledge of craft tools and calibration equipment, including hand and power tools, test equipment,
- mobile and fixed cranes.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, vendor manuals, One Line Diagrams and P&IDs.
- Support Testing, maintenance, and operations workforce
- Develop work control packages which may include LOTO, work permits, special work permits (hot
- work/confined space), special work procedures, special PPE, and other field support as required
- Leads work window critiques to determine improvement actions for work processes.
- Work order generation and reporting using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Chartered to ensure work activities for a given week are “field ready”:
- the right materials/tools are available for use
- the right people are identified with the skills and training necessary
- the right oversight resources are notified and available (competent person, SME, IH, etc)
- the right documents are available and approved
- develops consistent, robust JHAs with input by workers, SMEs, etc
- develops work packages with well understood and described work scope
- Permits with correct reviews and approvals
What will you contribute?
- Associate's degree required in related technical or computer field
- US citizenship is required to be employed by Atkins Nuclear Secured.
- A minimum of 10 years of combined work control and field (construction, maintenance, and/or operations) experience required
- 5 years construction project experience is required
- 3 years commercial or DOE Complex experience or equivalent high/hazard/complex work environment is required
- Experience with CMMS programs (e.g. Assets Suite, CHAMPS, Maximo, etc) is required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders/access scaffolding
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs