Storesperson - Fixed Term
The Storesperson is responsible for shipping, receiving, warehouse functions and reports to the Procurement Supervisor.
This is a part time, fixed term position for one year. The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspects, inbound shipments orders; notify Procurement Supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Coordinates pickup/delivery of goods and/or services.
- Enter incoming part numbers and processes inventory transaction into JDE.
- Log all inbound/outbound shipments into SharePoint.
- Responsible for all aspects of the inventory including analyzing inventory levels, reorder points using queries and reports.
- Provide inventory reports to various managers as requested.
- Perform Daily/Monthly/Quarterly and annual inventory count and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Control access to the storage of hazardous materials.
- Responsible for adequate storage of components.
- Responsible for inside/outside of warehouse maintenance.
- Receive non-conforming parts from engineering group, input receipt into RMA log in SharePoint, disposition as per the RMA notification from SharePoint.
- Perform and maintain uniforms receipts and issues in SharePoint and/or JDE.
- Ensure all inventory items are labeled correctly with barcode and locations are valid in JDE.
- Ensure all records and files are kept up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills essential.
- Ability to learn and implement operating rules and procedures.
- Have previous work experience in the Warehousing field of 3–5 years.
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC driving license and ability to complete driver training program for operation of company vehicles
- Successfully complete the equipment training program to operate a forklift, overhead crane and pallet jack
- Be available to work on shifts on any day of the week, including straight night shifts.
- Be comfortable with physically demanding work.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge skills in MS Office Suite and JDE/Oracle/SAP/People Soft System or other ERP system. (Preferred)
A combination of experience and education may also be considered.
Hourly Rate of Pay:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNCLavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.