Strategic Bid Manager- Nuclear & Power
Strategic Bid Manager- Nuclear & Power
Join us in building a carbon-free future.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help.
To lever our potential and meet our growth aspirations we need a high performing Bid Manager; one that thinks differently, acts smart and finds new ways to approach the market. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading our strategic bids through the win-work lifecycle and successfully converting them into contract with our clients and delivery teams. You won’t be doing this in ordinary ways though, you’ll be bringing best practice win-work processes together with new ways of approaching challenges and opportunities.
You will be working closely with our market leads, technical experts, consultants, and leaders across our business, as well as external partners, suppliers, and our clients. To enable us to achieve the business growth we’re capable of, in the timescales we believe match our potential, you’ll be the type of person who just can’t help but get things done. If your natural style is to create momentum and enthusiasm to deliver on goals in collaborative and innovative ways, then we think you’ll enjoy the challenges and opportunities that we’re pursuing. The multi-disciplinary nature of our work and complexity of challenges our clients are facing, means
Your responsibilities in this role would include-
- Nurturing customer relationships and any required customer engagement activities.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to obtain the resources necessary to create a winning Bid Team.
- Ensuring all relevant stakeholders are suitably informed as to the status of the Bid / Opportunity pursuit.
- Continuing to build on partner and/or supplier relationships; including defining the contribution required of partners through the establishment of relevant non-disclosure and teaming agreements and leading on any required commercial negotiations.
- Development of the offer price and the commercial shape of the proposal.
- Providing lead review and advice on submissions prepared by the business.
- Proactive involvement in the development and implementation of initiatives to improve the quality and cost effectiveness and success of all bid submissions.
What you can bring?
- Engineering or business / marketing-related degree.
- In depth knowledge of best practice Win Work process, tools, and practices.
- Excellent communication skills – written as well as verbal.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver tasks on time and within budget.
- Able to select, form and motivate high-performing bid teams.
- Experience liaising with external and internal contacts at a range of levels.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear & Power sectors.
- Experience of software packages such as MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS CRM etc.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years' time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you'll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds, and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You'll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We're Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we've signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career, and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge, and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs