Stress / Reliability Analyst (Engineer)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Component Integrity Branch is responsible for the provision of engineering and analytical services in the areas of fuel channels, feeders, steam generators, piping, and other reactor components.
- Work in the areas of computational mechanics and reliability assessment
- Independently perform most assignments, based on instructions about the general results expected.
- Demonstrate competence in the conventional aspects of at least one engineering field or discipline.
- Plan and conduct their own work requiring initiative and judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
- Devise new approaches to problems in their engineering speciality.
- Relevant Honors degree in Engineering from a university of recognized standing with a preference for post-graduate degree(s)
- Must have superior technical written skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff, project management and customers.
- Must understand plasticity or fracture mechanics materials science, piping design and analysis, fluid structure interaction analysis and reliability background are preferred
- Experience in performing linear and nonlinear analyses using ANSYS or Abaqus or other recognized finite element analysis software is an asset.
- Experience in performing reliability assessment using R or Matlab software is an asset.
- Ability to understand and consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Effective problem solver with a results-oriented approach and ability. Strong planning and organization skills, as applied to self-managing multiple, simultaneous work assignments.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including familiarity with a wide range of technical projects.
- Ability to network, build relationships, and plan, with an orientation toward service, teamwork and collaboration.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.