Structural Analyst - Fatigue and Fracture Assessment
We’re currently looking for talented engineers to join our growing teams in Bangalore-India. The roles are ideally suited to high calibre engineering professionals with appropriate experience of 5 years and above.
Atkins Nuclear business has been delivering high-quality engineering solutions to the world’s leading power generation units for over ten years. With a reputation for cutting-edge design and analysis, our broad skills base and effective project management have earned us the opportunity to be a key supplier to clients. With offices currently in India and UK our sights are firmly set on the future where our teams and our business will continue to grow.
We can give you the opportunity to use your technical skills to provide high quality input to our nuclear projects. Joining our Structural Analysis Group, you’ll perform structural analysis and provide expert advice on the current and future integrity of metallic pipework, fuel route components, boilers, pressure systems and reactor internals.
The work will require using analysis techniques and procedures including Finite Element Analysis, Fracture Mechanics, Creep and Fatigue and Structural Impact Dynamics.
- A sound basic understanding of structural analysis methods and degradation mechanisms.
- Quick learner and ability to work independently.
- Experience of structural integrity biased design modification in or out of the energy industry
- Clear communication and able to extract the key issues of a piece of analysis and how it applies to nuclear safety and the plant.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ensure projects are delivered to Atkins and industry standards to cost, schedule and budget
- Gather and maintain all criteria to ensure that the work meets all requirements
- Graduate or Post-graduate Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering from a recognised university.
- 5 years and above working engineering analysis (Static, Fatigue & Fracture Assessment and Finite Element Analysis) experience within nuclear or mechanical environment.
You will need to demonstrate experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
- Stress analysis (Metallic and/or Composites)
- Fatigue and Fracture Assessment
- Linear and non-linear finite element analysis
- Nuclear industry experience
You will also be expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Professional approach
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Commercial awareness
- Team working, being comfortable working in international teams