Structural Analyst - Fatigue and Fracture Assessment
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Business is one of the largest providers of energy consultancy and engineering support services in the UK. Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
We’re currently looking for talented engineers to join our growing teams in Bangalore-India. The roles are ideally suited to high caliber engineering professionals with appropriate experience of 7 years and above.
As one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
We can give you the opportunity to use your technical skills to provide high quality input to our nuclear projects. Joining our Structural Analysis Group, you’ll perform structural analysis and provide expert advice on the current and future integrity of metallic pipework, fuel route components, boilers, pressure systems and reactor internals.
The work will require using analysis techniques and procedures including Finite Element Analysis, Fracture Mechanics, Creep and Fatigue and Structural Impact Dynamics.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates.
- A sound basic understanding of structural analysis methods and degradation mechanisms.
- Quick learner and ability to work independently.
- Experience of structural integrity biased design modification in or out of the energy industry
- Clear communication and able to extract the key issues of a piece of analysis and how it applies to nuclear safety and the plant.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ensure projects are delivered to Atkins and industry standards to cost, schedule and budget
- Gather and maintain all criteria to ensure that the work meets all requirements
- Graduate or Post-graduate Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- 7 years and above working engineering analysis (Static, Fatigue & Fracture Assessment and Finite Element Analysis) experience within nuclear or mechanical environment.
You will need to demonstrate experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
- Stress analysis (Metallic and/or Composites)
- Fatigue and Fracture Assessment
- Linear and non-linear finite element analysis
- Nuclear industry experience
You will also be expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Professional approach
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Commercial awareness
- Team working, being comfortable working in international teams
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.