Structural Analyst (Renewables, O&G)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join a mixed offshore wind/oil and gas structural design and analysis team within our Engineering and Consulting business. As a Structural Analyst, you will have a background in stress analysis and structural analysis, and the ability to develop, run, and report on analysis models using industry-standard analysis packages. The ideal candidate will have experience of analysis aspects relevant to offshore structures, such as wave loading and fatigue analysis, although the opportunity to develop these areas will be available.
The project work will primarily involve analysis of offshore structures, such as wind turbine foundations and oil & gas structures. We are engaged in a broad range of projects, and while our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures we also have the adaptability to support the nuclear energy market. Many of our projects involve multi-disciplinary design teams, drawing on expertise from Atkins/SNC-Lavalin offices around the world, and the ability to engage proactively and constructively with colleagues from a range of backgrounds is important.
It is expected that you will have experience of working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards, as well as working from first principles based on a strong theoretical understanding. Reporting skills and a strong attention to quality control and assurance will be an advantage. Depending on the level of experience, opportunity will be available to lead and mentor other team members, and it is expected that you will make a significant contribution to the overall capability of the team in the area of structural analysis.
• Degree qualified in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering to Masters level.
• Extensive experience in at least one of the following;o Structural analysis primarily using Sesam, however relevant experience of other analysis packages such as Bentley SACS etc will be considered.o Stress analysis, using analysis packages such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, etc.
• Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
• A strong questioning attitude, and drive to seek out and progress areas for improvement.
• Adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple resource demands.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, bases of analysis and calculations).
• Ability to effectively engage with, and work as part of, a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
• This position is based in our Bristol office. However, travel to other company and client sites may occasionally be necessary as part of the role.
• Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
About Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin group
This is an exciting time for Atkins, our recent acquisition by SNC-Lavalin means that we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation. This promises to offer unprecedented career opportunities to our staff whilst we continue to grow our existing business units. For both Atkins and SNC-Lavalin, we continue to invest in people. Without the technical excellence of some 50,000 staff we would not be one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.Our Engineering and Consulting business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind sectors all over the world. Merging original thinking with our experience from 60 years in the energy industry, we help transform the potential of existing infrastructure as well as new resource sand technology. We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one industry or discipline to another to help realise our client’s vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.