Structural Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Structural Design Engineer interested in working for a world-leading engineering and design consultancy?
If so, we’d love you to apply for this role.
- Our Energy business has been operating for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. These are critical times in how the world generates and uses Energy. Our Design and Engineering teams are key to the multi-disciplinary design and assurance services that we provide to our Clients in the Renewables, Conventional Generation, Oil & Gas, Energy from Waste, Energy Storage and Petrochemical Markets.
- A growing workload within the Offshore Wind business is providing exciting opportunities to work within large multi-disciplinary teams delivering complex, innovative solutions. In this role, you will work primarily with the Offshore Wind Team in our Glasgow offices, involved in the technical delivery of multi-discipline Projects to the Energy Sector.
- You’ll be working closely with our Clients, completing site and client office visits in the UK and overseas.
- By joining the vibrant Energy and Consultancy Business, you will also have the opportunity to work across the whole Energy market from Renewables and Energy Storage to Oil & Gas.
- You will have good experience in a Structural Design or Analysis role, with emphasis in supporting the Offshore Wind Market. Y
- You will have experience of delivering full packages of design or analysis work and will be able to work well within the Offshore Wind team in completing such packages.
- You will be able to appreciate complex practical, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; working with project teams that are either local to you, or distributed across multiple sites.
- The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature, and therefore you will have demonstrated experience in being involved in multi-million pound design projects as well as smaller, consultancy type jobs.
We are particularly keen to speak to individuals who have significant networks in the Offshore Wind Industry and can help to shape the future of our business.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our capabilities in Energy through building a reputation for excellence, mentoring & training others, supporting business development and bidding activities.
- You’ll have excellent communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead technical delivery teams.
- Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of future business.
- You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
In addition to having excellent people and problem-solving skills, you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering based •Background in offshore engineering structural design, with a preference for experience in the design of offshore turbine foundations.
- Demonstrable experience and focus on project delivery, including experience of working to tight budgets and timescales.
- Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes.
- Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins; we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, whilst also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK.
- There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Atkins recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.