Junior Structural Engineer
Why join us?
- This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to the Manager of Civil/Structural Engineering. It is responsible for Under general supervision, develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, specifications, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications;
How will you contribute to the team?
- Design steel structures, concrete foundations and structures for the projects in the sectors: industrial, mining and metals, energy, oil and gas, environment and sustainable development, etc.
- Ensure that project design solutions are delivered in accordance to the relevant codes and regulations and to the highest industry standards on schedule and within budget;
- Coordinate engineering activities with other disciplines such as layout, mechanical, piping, electrical etc.
- Attending meetings and take minutes
- Writing report, technical memo and proposals
- Prepare the estimate and schedule
- Conducting field investigations
- Develop CAD/BIM and other modelling software capability within the team.
- Possibility of travel to various work sites across Ontario to assist with field testing
- General activities related to the daily functioning of the Structural team
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs.
What will you contribute?
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of Structural Engineering experience.
- Working knowledge/experience in designs of concrete and steel structures.
- Relevant professional registration preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, ability to maintain confidential information critical.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and design software such as Staad.pro, SAP2000, AutoCAD, Microstation etc
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com