Studio Lead - Architecture - Cardiff
Studio Lead - Architecture - Cardiff
Atkins are looking to appoint a Studio Lead to lead, develop and inspire our innovative architects and designers in our Cardiff Architecture and Master planning practice - as a part of our South West Regional Architectural Team.
We are ATKINS: Architecture, Master planning, and Interior Design. We are a top 10 UK based global design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating, and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Our expertise ranges across all key sectors and aspects of the built environment. We are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings and places that are good for people and improve our environment.
Our Midlands, South West and Wales region includes 4 offices Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, and Birmingham. We have over 90 architectural staff across our offices with a particular expertise in Education, Commercial, Energy, Defence and Residential. Architectural staff include Architects, Architectural technologists, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Building Surveying professionals with a balance team mix of graduates through to senior professionals and directors. People are the heart of our success and supporting, training, and mentoring our staff is paramount to Atkins remaining at the forefront of design and innovation.
About the role:
We are looking for an Associate / Associate Director Architect with great design abilities having been the author of a substantial portfolio of work. Below we set out the objectives and job description for the role as Associate Architect with a focus on the local market based in our Cardiff Studio. You would also be responsible for practice management around leading the Cardiff Studio for Architecture.
The role requires individuals with direct experience of lead coordinator role, delivering projects at all stages. We are seeking creative designers as well as technically focused individuals. The ability to engage with clients and stakeholders is also required.
Successful candidates should be familiar with the full construction process from business development, to bidding and project delivery - including the successful commercial management of projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of a studio, including staff development, resource management and finance.
- Work proactively within a multi- disciplinary environment to deliver project management leadership on major opportunities.
- To lead and support business development and work winning/bidding within the local South Wales and Cardiff markets.
- Development of the design culture and capability of our multi-disciplinary design team(s).
- To continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation.
- To secure work through bidding and developing compelling design concepts.
- Contribute to design leadership and culture.
- Successful delivery of projects to a high level of quality and Client satisfaction acting as Lead Consultant/Design Manager.
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the development of winning bids for projects in the government, education, and related sectors - both single discipline and multi-disciplinary.
- Able to demonstrable track record and familiarity with local government and education sector clients in South Wales / Cardiff.
- A creative designer with an understanding of technical delivery.
- Proven team management skills and experience.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure and lead, inspire and motivate our teams.
- Experience in preparing successful bids and tenders.
- Ability to confidently engage with clients and stakeholders.
- Direct experience of lead coordinator role, delivering projects at all stages.
- A good awareness of Autodesk Revit and managing projects in a BIM environment.
- Practical working knowledge of SketchUp or other similar software package.
- Practical working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other similar software package.
The opportunity to work both locally and within our national business to win and deliver work and with these opportunities there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel and location based on project demands.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward," a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career, and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in Architecture, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Cities & development
Atkins are looking to recruit innovative Architects and Designers to be part of our South West Regional Architectural Team – based in either of our regional offices Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, or Birmin
Cities & development
Atkins are looking to recruit innovative architects and designers to be part of our South West Regional Architectural Team – based in Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, or Birmingham. We are looking to recruit
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs