Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC Lavalin’s Mining & Metallurgy team combines global-calibre expertise with deep local capabilities to provide tailored solutions for projects of any size, scope or complexity. We offer a full range of services at every step of a mining project. We believe in working openly and transparently, together, delivering world-class projects. To support our growth initiatives, we are expanding our team and are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to add value to project success, both locally and internationally. Your commitment and expertise will be recognized and valued as we work together for our professional and business success.
We are seeking a Study Manager to join our Project Management Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing various studies and plant engineering mandates. This individual will work with clients, prepare proposals and manage studies. The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc.) and Client personnel to scope and manage various projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare proposals for studies and plant engineering mandates and execute these mandates when awarded.
- Develop and implement execution strategies.
- Manage studies and plant engineering mandates in accordance with the project scope and schedule.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain project schedules to ensure cost, quality and schedule objectives are met.
- Manage and control project budgets.
- Prepare project forecasts.
- Identify scope changes and request change orders in advance of performing work.
- Using established project management tools, measure monthly the progress of projects to ensure that the budgets and schedules are being met, and if necessary, take corrective action.
- Ensure that the reviews of documentation are carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Ensure that interdisciplinary coordination is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions.
- Prepare engineering and construction work packages as required to support the execution of the project.
- Initiate a prompt identification and correction for any engineering issues.
- Oversee and manage the procurement requisition process, review bids and tendering documents to ensure conformance with the project scope and technical specifications.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate all interfaces with client operations groups.
- Ensures that suitable and sufficient staffing is available to meet the performance objectives of the project.
- Support the identification and prequalification of subcontractors.
- Clearly communicate the engineering scope, including the technology and the design information, to team members in order to meet project requirements.
- Review drawings and develop scopes of work.
- Management of subcontractors including change management.
- Establish and maintain a climate favourable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the project engineering work.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for PEO registration.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience.
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred.
- Site experience and/or experience working in an operations role in a mining process plant is an asset.
- Working knowledge of cost, planning and control methods.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure.
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs