TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Subcontract Administrator to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the procurement process for designated packages of materials, equipment and/or subcontracts required for the construction and of the project
Reporting to the Project Procurement Manager, the Subcontract Administrator shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Administers assigned subcontracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, subcontract performance, subcontract administration and other major matters.
- Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of subcontract terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with subcontract requirements
- Implementation of Change Management procedures
- Negotiation of Change Orders and change issues with Subcontractors
- Ensure timely and accurate contractual correspondence
- Pricing of change and delay issues
- Identification and tracking of deliverables
- Identification and implementation of record keeping to validate potential Changes
- Maintenance of change management/issue logs and provision of summary reports
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the owner, client, subcontractors and public
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Subcontractor Kickoff meetings
- Regular subcontractor review meetings
- Payment administration
- Schedule monitoring
- Monthly financial reporting
- Subcontract Agreement closeout
- Source suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring that the selected company is qualified to provide the material and/or service required and to the owner's satisfaction.
- Work with SNCL engineering consultants to ensure their commercial deliverables meet project/owner requirements.
- Analyze bids and provide an analysis report to SNCL project management and the owner.
- Draft letters of recommendation, Intent and award from the bid analysis.
- Other duties that may be delegated or required from time to time at the direction of the Procurement Manager.
- 5 to 7 years of practical experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience working within a civil, electrical instrumentation and mechanical engineering environment and knowledge of the construction processes by which the works will be undertaken would be a great advantage.
- Experience in subcontract administration and coordination.
- Strong awareness of construction and contract change law
- Strong business acumen.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience preparing and issuing procurement documentation is required.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask.
- A dedicated team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Computer literate In Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.