Why join us?
We are hiring! The Subcontracts Administrator will process Purchase Requests, using the correct standard subcontracts agreements to ensure that subcontractors fully meet Company and project requirements. This includes reviewing scope of services, schedule, and basis of compensation, uploading documents to team share point site. Provide assistance to project team and Finance as required. Assists Sr. Contracts Manager and senior administrators with general contracts administration
Atkins is currently seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to join our Contracts team in either our Tampa, Miami and Orlando, FL or Atlanta, GA office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist subcontractors to register in company’s database. Review Certificate of Insurance for compliance with Prime contract and/or company’s standard insurance terms
- Assist with Request for Proposal form and verifies accuracy and completeness of proposal packages. Interfaces with affected groups to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included.
- Receives subcontractors’ responses to requests for proposals, determines each subcontractor’s ability to meet Company and project requirements. May support negotiation of the terms and conditions. Prepares and issues subcontracts commensurate with delegated procurement authority.
- Prepares subcontract documents and amendments, including identification and work with Sr. Administrators on inclusion of flow down requirements from prime contract. Ensures that terms and conditions will be appropriate.
- Prepares reports and contractual correspondence for project management and client. Maintains accurate tracking records tailored to the assigned subcontracts.
- Assists with subcontract closeout actions, completes file documentation, and forwards subcontract files to storage. Ensures retention of hard copy of reports and claims for specified period of time. Support internal and external audits as required.
- Serves as liaison between subcontractor, program management and procurement personnel.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent discipline, plus a minimum of two years relevant experience related to DOT procurement or Federal contracts administration or an Associate’s degree with six years’ of relevant experience. Without a degree, eight years of relevant experience required.
- A working knowledge of subcontracting activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is preferred.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract types and applicable compensation methods, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
- NCMA Certified preferred
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents.
- Ability to operate in Oracle based procurement systems, team share point sites.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and review contract documents, project plans and progress reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under the pressure of deadlines.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs