Position: Summer Student – Electrical/I&C System Design Engineers, BA1
Org. Unit: Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineering
Location: Sheridan Park
An Electrical System Designer is required to carry out various aspects of electrical/I&C system level design for various plant systems. Clients for this work are the various CANDU power plant utilities in Canada and abroad.
Duties will be carried out under close supervision, direction/guidance of senior engineers and may include the following:
- Routine tasks include specific instructions and details with respect to expected results and may include preparation of simple plans, designs, drawings, costing, recording observations, calculations and operation of computer programs.
- Work is in accordance with established codes, standards and specifications and knowledge is gained using company standard practices.
- Design of high-integrity in-plant electrical supply and distribution systems for the supply of electrical power to plant systems
- Specification and procurement of electrical components
- Engineering support to utility operations for repairs, replacements and modifications to plant systems, equipment and components
- Preparation of modification drawings, technical specifications, component specification sheets, bill of materials under guidance of senior engineer
- Engineering guidance to technicians and trades at nuclear power plants in Canada and abroad during major refurbishment
Qualifications/Skills & Attributes
Enrollment in an Electrical/I&C/Controls Engineering Program
Relevant experience is an asset
Ability to communicate effectively - verbal & written
Ability to respond to pressure to meet deadlines
Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Ability to work in a team as well as individually
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs